KNOWLEDGE ORGANIZATION is a forum for all those interested in the organization of knowledge on a universal or a domain-specific scale, using concept-analytical or concept-synthetical approaches, as well as quantitative and qualitative methodologies. KNOWLEDGE ORGANIZATION also addresses the intellectual and automatic compilation and use of classification systems and thesauri in all fields of knowledge, with special attention being given to the problems of terminology.
KNOWLEDGE ORGANIZATION publishes original articles, reports on conferences and similar communications, as well as book reviews, letters to the editor, and an extensive annotated bibliography of recent classification and indexing literature.
KNOWLEDGE ORGANIZATION should therefore be available at every university and research library of every country, at every information center, at colleges and schools of library and information science, in the hands of everybody interested in the fields mentioned above and thus also at every office for updating information on any topic related to the problems of order in our information-flooded times.
- page I–III Titelei/Inhaltsverzeichnis
- page 1–2 Editorial
- page 3–18 Articles
- page 3–6 Ranganathan and classification: A chronology 1924–1992 Mohinder P. Satija
- page 7–9 The ideas of S.R. Ranganathan in Russia: Results and tendencies Eduard R.Sukiasyan
- page 10–14 Modern development of classification. Research and practice in the People’s Republic of China Yan Xiao
- page 15–18 Subject representation and entropy Hemalata Iyer
- page 19–26 Reports and Communications
- page 27–29 ISKO News 8
- page 30–32 FID/CR News
- page 33–34 Obituary
- page 35–43 Book Reviews
- page 35–36 Ranganathan, S.R.: A librarian looks back: An autobiography of Dr. S.R. Ranganathan appended with an evaluation of his life and work by P.N. Kaula (M.P. Satija)
- page 36–39 Wellisch, H.H.: Indexing from A to Z (D. Benediktsson)
- page 39–39 Harrold, A., Lea, G.: MUSAURUS: A music thesaurus (G. Bauer)
- page 39–41 Meadows, A.J.: Knowledge and communication: Essays on the Information Chain (M.P. Satija)
- page 41–42 Sager, J.C.: A practical course in terminology processing (H. Eisele)
- page 42–43 Fisch, R., Boos, M. (Eds.): Handling of complexity in organizations (In German) (H. Löckenhoff)
- page 44–62 Classification Literature 19 (1992) No. 1